Parish Council Meeting
The next meeting is Thursday 13th January 2022 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall
Dorset Rights of Way Improvement Plan
Dorset Council want to hear from the Dorset wide community – all ages and interests – so they can develop an improved network of paths that are easy and enjoyable to use for as many people as possible.
Your views are really important – they want to know what it is you love about using Dorset’s paths and which paths you use – but also want to know about what isn’t so great and your ideas to address this.
To participate please visit the Dorset Council website and complete this survey
The survey will allow respondents to:
- Highlight a “missing link” where a new path would join up the network.
- Identify a strategic route linking communities that could be shared by walkers, equestrians & cyclists
- Explore the possibility of creating a safe off-road route where walkers, equestrians and cyclists currently must use the road
- Pinpoint good locations to improve a path’s surface, replace stiles with gates and generally indicate where small measures can potentially make a big impact
- Suggest areas where better signage would be useful
- Raise concerns and how they might be addressed
- Reveal historic details such as old stiles and river crossings that need protecting
- Let us know how we might work together on ideas and initiatives.
The deadline for completing the survey is midnight 31 October 2021.
Dorset Council would like your help please.
As you may already be aware, the effects of the widely-reported national HGV driver shortage – coupled with the continuing impact of the pandemic – are starting to disrupt some of our waste services.
We are working hard to ensure that key waste services continue to run throughout this challenging time, but we are having to temporarily suspend or delay some garden waste collections so that crews can be redeployed to support vital rubbish, food and recycling collections. Litter bins are also being emptied less frequently in some areas of the county, and new bin deliveries are also being delayed.
While we continue to work on tackling the problem, I would greatly appreciate it if you could pass these key messages to any residents who may approach you with questions or concerns around their bin collections: –
- Always report your missed collection directly to Dorset Council, even if your whole street is affected. Our website has an automated system that will inform you what’s happening with your bins and provide guidance on what to do next. The link is Report a Missed bin collection
- Please ensure your bins are out by 6am on your collection day. Some rounds are being carried out differently, meaning that we might turn up earlier or later in the day than usual
- If you find a litter bin is full, do not try to leave your litter on top/next to it or on the floor nearby – please take it home and place in your household bin. We also encourage people to report over-filled bins on the Dorset Council website. The link is Report a full litter bin
- If any garden waste collections have to be cancelled/stood down we will contact customers directly to advise them. As compensation for any garden waste collections that were not received, we will automatically apply a discount to next year’s subscription fee.
- Rubbish, recycling, garden and food waste can be dropped off free of charge at any of Dorset’s household recycling centres, which are operating as normal.
If there are any further questions or comments please contact the Dorset Council waste services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If anyone is interested in joining our waste services as a driver or a loader, they can find out more about current vacancies at https://jobs.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/
South Perrott Parish Council
Are you interested in making a difference to South Perrott?
If you are, please consider becoming a member of the Parish Council.
The work is not onerous. It requires attendance at bi-monthly meetings and importantly, a commitment to the environment, life and spirit of the community.
For further information please contact either the Clerk:
Tel: 07881 923190
Cllr Jonathan Baker
Interested parties should contact the Clerk or Chairman no later than 7th July 2021. The next meeting will be held on 8th September 2021.
TAKING PRIDE IN SOUTH PERROTT
YOUR VILLAGE NEEDS YOU
The village of South Perrott has always had a wonderful community spirit with residents helping each other out. Lockdown has been no exception and highlighted how much we all need, and value, the support of our friends and neighbours. Now that times are hopefully getting back to normal the Parish Council would like to harness the many skills and abundant enthusiasm of the South Perrott residents to build a bank of people willing to give a few hours, whenever they are able, to keep our village one of the best in Dorset.
If you would like to help with, for example, hedge trimming, litter picking and small manual jobs around the village then the Parish Council would love to hear from you. You don’t have to commit on a regular basis and hopefully with small teams of like-minded people it will be fun as well as a beneficial community activity.
If you would like to be involved please contact our new Councillor, Gill Denny
Tel: 07825 839076
Parish Council Meeting
The Little Book of Big Scams
Written by the South West Regional Organised Crime Unit with the foreword by Gloria Hunniford
This excellent fraud prevention resource has been created to help raise awareness of the dangers of fraud and offer preventative measures to help keep everyone safe from the insidious creep being seen in financial crimes in recent years.
Pipplepen Solar PV Project
Elgin Energy EsCo Ltd. is seeking to develop a ground mounted solar PV farm on land located at Pipplepen Farm, South Perrott, Beaminster, United Kingdom, DT8 3HS.
The development will occupy approximately 120 acres of agricultural land and is located in South Perrott, Beaminster, Dorset within the administrative boundary of South Somerset District Council.
A page has been setup for this project
Queries or suggestions about content on this web site should be sent to Jane Thicknesse, the clerk of South Perrott Parish Council email@example.com